Skip Licence Requirements

Any skip placed on a public highway requires a licence from the council. will arrange a skip licence for you, along with lighting on the skip to comply with regulations. You will not need a skip licence if you’re putting the skip entirely on private land.

The cost of a permit will depend upon the local authority. For more information on fees, please visit our following pages:

*Hampshire County Council

Southampton City Council

Wiltshire County Council

West Berkshire Council

For information on Oxfordshire Skip Hire requirements, please visit

*Please note: The Hampshire County Council licence is only valid for 7 calendar days. (E.g – Friday – Thursday) If you require skip delivery on a Monday, please contact the office to discuss options for collection.

Raymond Brown